If you are not into social media marketing yet, where have you been recently?
B2B companies at present are transforming their campaigns to include social engagement strategies. Online tools continue to evolve and buyers have been spending much of their time browsing the web. Trends come and go, and it becomes highly essential to move where the Conga line leads you.
It’s clear you will be missing out on a lot of opportunities because, considering the rate by which marketing strategies and attitudes are evolving, going social is more than a fad it’s a necessity.
Here are some facts you should know about social media marketing, as seen on a featured LinkedIn post:
1. “Content is king, but distribution is queen. And she wears the pants.” Jonathan Perelman, Vice President, Buzzfeed Motion Pictures
2. 85% of B2B buyers believe companies should present information via social networks. (Source)
3. 79% of B2B Marketers believe social media is an effective marketing channel. (Source)
— Bianca Farrow (@biancafar123) May 4, 2015
4. Only 20% of CMOs leverage social networks to engage with customers. (Source)
5. ”Content is fire, social media is gasoline.” Jay Baer, President, Convince & Convert
6. 78% of companies now say they have dedicated social media teams, up from 67% in 2012. (Source)
7. “Whether you’re in the B2B or B2C sales side and whether or not your product is a cheap impulse buy or a multi-million dollar long term sales cycle, your business is now – without a doubt – a media company as well.” Mitch Joel, President, Mirum
8. 54% of B2B marketers said they have generated leads from social media. (Source)
9. Social media marketing budgets are projected to double over the next five years. (Source)
10. “’Build it, and they will come’ only works in the movies. Social Media is a ‘build it, nurture it, engage them and they may come and stay.’” Seth Godin, Author, Permission Marketing
11. 78% of marketers said they saw increased traffic with as little as 6 hours a week invested in Social Media Marketing. (Source)
Recommended for You